We’re deep in tour territory here, but it’s still a good time to weigh the benefits of lack of them (if any) to taking your book on tour. I’m sure the list below is far from exhaustive, so feel free to add your two cents worth of information in the comments.
- Added strategy to your marketing mix and more exposure for your product
- Gaining a deeper understanding of how promotion works
- Footprints to your posts that will be on the internet permanently
- Learning experience for future launches
- New links and friendships
- Possibility of added sales
- All-consuming in terms of time and energy
- Possibly disappointing yield in terms of expected sales
- Low returns in terms of reviews if a book giveaway is done.