1. What is your favorite word?
re·cher·ché - [ruh-shair-shey, ruh-shair-shey; Fr. ruh-sher-shey]
According to dictionary.com , it means
· sought out with care.
· very rare, exotic, or choice; arcane; obscure.
· of studied refinement or elegance; precious; affected; pretentious.
Origin: 1715–25; < French, past participle of rechercher to search for carefully; >
I first came across the world in childhood, while reading Mark Twain’s, The Innocents Abroad. The book was full of humor and in this instance, he was talking about camels and the demand for them as a means of transportation.
I like swaggerific too, which is a recently-coined local term which means kinda what it sounds like - someone or something that's extra-ordinary.
2. What is your least favorite word?
batty – In England, it means one thing (crazy, eccentric). In Jamaican parlance, it has vulgar connotations. We use it to refer to the butt and as part of an uncomplimentary term for homosexual men.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Music! There’s music for every mood I’ve ever been in, and the right song/composition has the power to lift my spirit.
4. What turns you off?
Small minded or insecure people who belittle others in order to feel better about themselves.
5. What is your favorite curse word?
Don’t have one, but when I do want to let loose, I’ll say, ‘Oh, for crying out loud!’.
6. What sound or noise do you love?
The racket my son makes when he’s going full-throttle in the shower.
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
The sound of my neighbour’s grille banging before daybreak, just when I’m enjoying that last sweet leg of sleep. Only the Lord knows why anybody would be up and about at that hour.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Teaching. I don’t think I have the patience for kids, but adults might be a lot less challenging. (I can hope, can’t I?)
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Anything to do with corpses would seriously creep me out.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
My child, what took you so long?